Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest

The following links should help you get back in touch with our community and get to know what's new as of 07/23/2019

Commits thead // Join our Discord (chat) server

Join the game: PartyServer on SA-MP 0.3.7 or add the following IP manually to your client favorites: samp.partyserver.net:7777

Important Donations replacement - Feature pack coupons

Discussion in 'SAMP Server Updates' started by RedShirt, Jul 6, 2015.

?

What alternate payment method would suit you?

1. western union

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. payloadz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. amazon payments

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. paysafecard

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  5. webmoney

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  6. boleto

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Since Partyserver donations system relied previously on paypal - and paypal has a problem with us (a long and ridiclous story of paypal making up excuses which i will share in the future so that everyone in here can laugh) we are now no longer offering paypal donations.

https://forum.partyserver.us/index.php?threads/donations.12977/

Almost a month was spent thinking on what to do next, so for now following things are beign changed.

Donator 1.0 and 2.0 buyers will continue to have their benefits in full, once your donator 2.0 expires it will expire and will no longer be availible. Donator 1.0 will remain active forever like it always was but there will be no further option to buy either of those 2.

As a alternative we are introducing a "partyserver feature pack", this will be a permanent replacement for both previous donator package and is going to be identical to previous donator 2.0 in functionality, with purchase of feature pack it will also cancel and convert any remaining days of donator 2.0 activity into new feature pack subscription. Donator 1 features will no longer be availible separatedly because in majority cases people who bought them did so by mistake and i had to do a lot of manual work fixing that and converting donation 1.0 into 2.0 subscriptions.

Purchases of feature pack will be done via coupon codes and there will be no direct way to purchase donator directly anymore. You will just go to website, enter your coupou code and account info and activate feature pack.

coupou codes are being introduced because this way we can provide feature pack to more players in countries where this was previously impossible due to non-existence of paypal, for example you can be a local seller of coupous in brasil & provide payments via boleto, or sell them in russia via webmoney.ru and via that you can personally earn some extra money via provision.

Any player with decent reputation will be able to purchase coupous from me in bulk and be listed as a vendor for coupous on the website. You may then freely resell these coupou codes with reasonable markup in any way you see fit.

Still, i will attempt to offer a primary way to purchase these coupous and have provided some payment options that might work, please select and vote for the payment options you are willing to use.

I can understand this is a bit of "WTF" to you all, but this all happened because paypal is a bunch of dicks and this is the only alternative i can provide - alternative is (to just remove the whole donations / feature pack from the server completely).

Gareth, ReiN, [DIE]Sounds and 3 others like this.
  2. p1coN

p1coN Airman Basic

will we be able to send money to you via paygol or any other phone payment system?

3. StarSteam

StarSteam Airman First Class

i think via google play it will be more good because there is Apps give u cash like whaff

4. Chu

Chu Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

Voting for Google Checkout method.

5. Saloun

Saloun Senior Airman

Voted for Google Checkout and western union since its avaliable in my country

6. [DIE]Sounds

[DIE]Sounds BANNED
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    I'm confused...

7. [DIE]Fer_mdq

[DIE]Fer_mdq Airman First Class
    Basic Donor

It is Google Wallet now

8. [DIE]Sounds

[DIE]Sounds BANNED
    BANNED

Oh that's what I was thinking, I just needed someone to confirm.

9. Luca_Brasi

Luca_Brasi Server Log Whore
    Wiki Contributor

Google Checkout is popular here in the US so I vote for that. I would HIGHLY advise against Western Union. As you probably know they have a very bad rep for being abused by scammers and it might make us look bad. I have used Western Union in the past legitimately and have had a lot of trouble with the other person not being able to get the payment.....one time I actually ended up having WU cancel the payment and I ended up paying the guy in cash.

I haven't heard of any of those other methods but I will take a look at them and update this post. The one that operates most like PayPal should be highly considered IMO (Credit card link, wait a few days, add funds and you're done).

EDIT: Upon some investigation, it looks like payloadz has a few serious issues. https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/payloadz.com

webmoney and paysafecard use encryption and seem safe but I have never heard of them being used here in the US so I can't vouch for their popularity.

Considering our audience I think we should go with Boledo. Their site appears to be safe even though their encryption isn't as good as paysafecard or webmoney.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  10. [spEc]Hunter

[spEc]Hunter spEcial
    P.S. Trustee

I'll support any mobile phone payment method.

11. Kosuki07

Kosuki07 Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

There is another option... Facebook. You can send moey via facebook now. Look it up

12. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I will be looking forward to that however the way facebook money works is actually kinda problematic.

My bank bills me a constant 3 eur fee (which was like 30% of a 10€ donation) for every inbound visa transaction. Facebook does not buffer those and it'd mean literally 30% losses for each payment.. on paypal i was able to keep the money in account for months until you get something like 50€ which was an actuall amouth worth transferring. If facebook decides to add a actual wallet and not immediately finish the transfer then they might become an actually good alternative.

Kosuki07 likes this.
  13. [DIE]Fer_mdq

[DIE]Fer_mdq Airman First Class
    Basic Donor

It only works for USA right now :(

14. IcemaИИ

IcemaИИ Drugs Taster

this is a good idea, I think all the players would pay by this method:finger:

15. pizzafreak

pizzafreak Airman Basic
    Full Donor

Google Checkout

16. [DIE]Sounds

[DIE]Sounds BANNED
    BANNED

Anyone know how the Google checkout payment system works? Is it very alike to PayPal where you just put in your credit/debit card information? I'm also wanting to know if you could use Google Play credits too or if that's completely different lol.

17. rascho95

rascho95 Staff Sergeant

The first time I donated with boleto and second time with paypal,so my opinion is boleto. :)

18. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Sadly the google option will not work wither, so i'll remove it from the list where you can vote.

19. [DIE]Sounds

[DIE]Sounds BANNED
    BANNED

There's no realiable choice that we have now lel, I guess boleto then.

20. Chu

Chu Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

Does Boleto support USA currencies? (I see it's popular in Brazil?)