1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest

The following links should help you get back in touch with our community and get to know what's new as of 07/23/2019

Commits thead // Join our Discord (chat) server

Join the game: PartyServer on SA-MP 0.3.7 or add the following IP manually to your client favorites: samp.partyserver.net:7777

Important Pilots spawn

Discussion in 'SAMP Server Updates' started by RedShirt, Nov 30, 2015.

1. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

This is proposed rebuild and remodeled ground for pilots spawn:

[​IMG]

Airport control tower itself has been moved and rotated while 2 more large hangars were added, but with only one of them being part of the spawn. The spawn area will contain a few helicopters (sparrows + mavericks), airplanes (dodos and rustlers).

The aircraft control tower is of a really inconvinient shape and might get replaced with las venturas one (
    [​IMG]
    ).

Hopefully in the future i will add a option on class selection on where to spawn (to choose old or new spawn point)

So, what's your opinions on this?

2. Rockford

Rockford Rockford
    Staff Member Forum Admin

looks like a good spot especially that its going to solve a lot of currently arising issues like the daily reports of 'spawn killing'. hopefully this new spawn area is going to function like in the other teams' spawns (whore crafts and tank shots desynced, disallowing RPGs, grenades and such weapons, players remain with spawn invincibility if they stay within the red fences etc.)

3. Lesbian

Lesbian Command Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

color the air traffic control center building --- blue.

4. [spEc]Metal

[spEc]Metal Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

If spawnkilling won't be a problem (since airport is the most active with armed vehicles), I like this idea but still I don't know why would you change it (we had no complaints after all)

5. titanium

titanium Airman First Class

RedShirt Believest that the spawn area is very large?

6. Storm[OZ]

Storm[OZ] YE BOIIIIIIIIIII
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Good idea, that way we can avoid the huge ammount of sk reports that pilots make,still i think that the space is wayy to open, dunno like maybe adding the helipad structure? mostly because if it is that open ppl will keep camping them, so lets give them some cover.

7. Ednac_

Ednac_ Airman First Class

Cover is a good idea, but I feel like there would be something lacking from partyserver without a plane drop. It also gives cars for pilots. Maybe place a cargo plane close to the ground or even some sort of plane crash? who knows.

8. Chu

Chu Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

If it's all for reducing the amount of spawnkilling reports for Pilots, then I'm all for it. The hangar to the left of the one that will become part of the spawn should be removed so that people can access the ramp under the airport though. Other than that, it looks great.

9. Lesbian

Lesbian Command Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

You tell them sister!! I totally agree! I use the underground parking ramp alot. ;)

10. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

We did have complaints, souken and a few pilots complain and /report all the time.

Here is the current status:

[​IMG]

Overnet likes this.
  11. Yes please make this change this will be the final change that will end spawnkilling and sk reports once and for all for pilots . Also this will encourage people to play as pilot team a lot coz now they will not fear being spawnkilled while parachuting to ground by a bunch of spawn camping noobs.

12. Rbs_Ace

Rbs_Ace Airman

I like it, but please put some faster cars for us pilots.. we only have baggage cars around, some sandkings and/or infernus would be great

13. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

You have planes, they are fast and can fly, how is that not superior to most cars?

14. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

In the future i hope to let people CHOOSE the spawn on class selection, once - and if this is done people can choose new and old spawn, we did consider a plane on the ground, but it is not possible to have a persistent plane on the ground that is solid. AT-400 is solid but will not stay in one place when rammed, the plane in the sky we use currently is solid, but only on the inside, the wings and the rest is not.

A helipad i think is good idea, i'll try to add it.

Now sure how, there is some material color changes availible but it would be completely plain blue, what would this do tho?

Ok, taking the suggestion about the spawn being too open and issue of helipad, i have came to this option:

[​IMG]

So what is better.. this or the 1st suggestion?

ReiN likes this.
  15. Leslie_Burke

Leslie_Burke Airman

last suggestion is really better

16. [DIE]DEViLS0uL

[DIE]DEViLS0uL Airman Basic

I think the last map is better then the first one. Pilots should also have some benefits from their spawn. I saw sometimes that pilots could not even escape from their spawn when they are trying to rush someone will molo them or block their way by cars, bikes etc. while they are having their sp.

17. [DIE]DEViLS0uL

[DIE]DEViLS0uL Airman Basic

You done a great job Red it will really prevent pilots from being killed too fast.

18. Storm[OZ]

Storm[OZ] YE BOIIIIIIIIIII
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Its looking great and about the cars no,dont add more the whole point of choosing pilots are the planes rite? maybe give them more helis and easy to get but no fast cars,the whole class would be senseless then.

19. Frane$$$

Frane$$$ Airman First Class

2nd idea for spawn is better , pilots have more cover, but what about anti hydra, IDK real name of the anti ss|huntet|hydra anti bombs , will they be on spawn??

20. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Ok, here's another look from the other side, added another helipad and positioned objects a bit better.
    [​IMG]