1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest

The following links should help you get back in touch with our community and get to know what's new as of 07/23/2019

Commits thead // Join our Discord (chat) server

Join the game: PartyServer on SA-MP 0.3.7 or add the following IP manually to your client favorites: samp.partyserver.net:7777

Important SA-MP PARTYSERVER v7

Discussion in 'SAMP Server Updates' started by RedShirt, Oct 5, 2015.

?

Are you pleased with v7 changes?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2015.
  1. Yes

54.7%
  2. No

29.7%
  3. I am yet to decide

15.6%
  1. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

We are proudly announcing that server has been updated to the long-awaited version 7.

So let's cover first the main 2 changes:

Spawn protection systems have been completely rebuilt on the server.

The approach now is based on preventing preventable and new ways to make it absolutely clear what is and what is not a spawn zone and what is and what is not acceptable to do there.

Every spawn (except for pilots - which is very special) is now surrounded by a red fence.
    Area inside the fence is the actual spawn zone, this is the area in which spawn protection works, and exitting this area results in immediately losing spawn protection. spawn protection is also lost if you use specific weapons from your own spawn (sniper) or if you kill 3 people when you are in red fence and with protection.

This red core area is surrounded about 30 units of buffer proximity zone. this proximity zone:
    - Prevents landing and low-flying of helicopters (keeps them above ground, althru people can abseil from the helicopters. If the helicopter is in surrounding area height limit is half as that in main area, meaning you can get closer to ground for people to exit it more easily.) - This is for prevention of helikilling spawned players.
    - Prevents throwing any explosive or burning weapons
    - Prevents knives, melee weapons, carbombs and kamikazes
    - Prevents tank, hydra, hunter and sea sparrow from shooting inside (the small RC tiger will also not fire while in spawns).
    - Prevents placing chicken team's landmines and justice speedbumps + tire spikes.
    - In addition to this, it does not allow using sawnoffs in this area.
    These limits only apply to teams who do not spawn there, players which spawn there can use all those weapons on assaulting teams without any problem.

Purpose of surrounding zone is to prevent using too powerful weapons inside the main spawn zone.
    Every enemy player who enters this zone from air or ground is immediately alerted with a on-screen warning and a audible beep (beep can be turned off in /settings) - so there is no acceptable excuse to pretend that you do not know when you entered another team's spawn zone.

You may fight inside both spawn protection zones (buffer zone and red zone) with guns freely, provided that you do not cause any kind of explosives or fire inside the red fence or troll people who are inside red fence and still have protection.

You may NOT shoot into the red zone using sea sparrow / hunter / hydra / tank / RPG / grenades / fire + water cannons: This is explicitely not allowed and will eject you from your vehicle or remove your weapon (and sometimes explode you).

So basically, yes: You may now fight in both zones (with guns only) and you can chase people who are fleeing back to their spawn / red zone even inside the red zone and even kill them inside the red zone.

You can kill anyone on any spawn.. except players with protection, provided you only use the allowed weapons (weapons with bullets + fists / melee)

Following weapons are not allowed to be used / throw / shot into or inside in spawn protection (red fence) in other team's spawn areas:

- driveby
    - satchel bomb
    - chainsaw
    - fire extinguisher
    - flamethrower
    - grenades
    - katana
    - knife
    - minigun
    - molotov
    - RPG
    - water cannons
    - spray paint

These weapons are also de-synced and unselected in the surrounding area (as a preventive measure to not use them against the spawned players in red zones) but they can be used by the team which spawned there.

sawnoffs are special: the limit applies to the zone if the team which spawns there doesn't have it.
    Meaning if the team spawns with sawnoffs you can use sawnoffs there aswell (example: pimps, chickens, valets..).
    Other teams which don't spawn with sawnoffs can't use sawnoffs there (not even the team that spawns in their own spawn)

Spawn protection for people inside their red fence cover the following:
    - Anti-car ramming
    - Anti-knifing
    - Helicopter repelling to prevent helikilling
    - Anti-explosives

These changes should make spawn protection and areas much clearly defined and work better with gameplay.

With this i also say to our admins that there should be no more bans for spawnkilling.
    If any additional way is found to troll spawns i will find a way to prevent it.

The only remaining non-updated team is pilots.. we will discuss and address pilots in the future, their spawn is special and we'd like to keep it special.

Death evasion has been updated.

When a player /quits game or uses /class, /enter or /spec a ghost of the player will appear for 10 seconds which allows you to still kill the player - this should prevent all the remaining reports about death evasion, the ghost appears in all scenarios except when the player was protected on his own spawn.

In addition to this we also changed the following: /kill is no longer working while in vehicles or when you are under water, also /team no longer allows you to switch to team you were already on (so use /kill or get back to spawn on foot).

Other changes:

- fixed pilots spawn (vehicles not appearing)
    - fixed issue with attached objects getting in the way of aiming weapons (especially sniper) on all teams.
    - improved automatic server-side solver for carjack glitches.
    - anti-cheat improvements
    - prevention of weapons from being used under water
    - a lot of glitches related to getting under water fixed ( /spec, pause, cargobob, andromada.. )
    - once again hopefully permanently fixed the friendly fire (in vehicles such as rustler being able to sometimes damage teammates issue)
    - connection welcome screen reports the script version and build date
    /report is now more strict.. no more confusing double-id reporting. report one id and be clear about who you are reporting.
    - interiors: fixed /spectate while in interior resulting in you sometimes exiting to a totally different place than to where you entered it (i will welcome if some people test this thoroughly).

So this is what was changed for now.. It's not everything and i am sure i missed some things.

Please discuss these changes with us, i will welcome any type of feedback.

Update in 7.0.1. (tuesday)

Sawnoffs are now allowed in spawns. But only in spawns of teams that normally spawn with them (valets, chickens, pimps, etc.. )
    In spawns where teams don't spawn with sawnoffs not even the team which spawn there cannot use it (after buying them and coming back).

Rustler: can now fly thru spawn zones, no restrictions.. will be changed to do a ground check later.

Added death ghost if a player drowns (the gost will appear at water level), fixed /enter ghost problem, /kill will no longer work under water now (but will ofcourse work at water level when you are swimming normally).

Update in v7.0.2 (wednesday)

- spawn beeps will only beep once every few minutes.
    - sawnoffs enabled in spawns again
    - warning for parking spawn protected players
    - fix for duels
    - fix for passenger driveby abusing a glitch to shoot certain weapons

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Gareth, Nyphz, Xatos and 10 others like this.
  2. J4OSZ

J4OSZ The Soldier

What the hell?

3. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Justice can do /bump and /spikes as a team perk. it can now no longer do this inside other team's spawns. Same with chickens /mine.. what exactly is the "what the hell" issue here?

4. [GTN]eZkiLLeR[MO]

[GTN]eZkiLLeR[MO] Airman First Class
    Gang Leader

Sir, The use of grenade, molatives, explosives are ok, But swan?
    We need swan in buffered zone., yeah you can lock the swan within red fence.
    I hope we need only this to change.
    specially I see this when there bunch of swats target my car, and when i try to shoot them with swan at that time i get this swan is too locked in buffered zone.
    i am middle of Red fence and Railway tracks ( most near to railway track)

5. soukeN

soukeN Airman First Class

wtf?No sawns and chainsaw in enemy team spawn..And /spec getting u killed? Arent 10 seconds enough to avoid some1's spec?He would stop ur /spec before but now he will just wait u to enter spec and get free score.And no /kill in water?What should we do if we are stuntin with rustler and get in the water?Swim to sf???Other things are cool but these ones..

6. J4OSZ

J4OSZ The Soldier

Nevermind. I thought you prevented the team perks In GENERAL.

7. [DIE]Sounds

[DIE]Sounds BANNED
    BANNED

I guess not a lot of people are pleased with the update lol.

8. [DIE]Kastro

[DIE]Kastro Technical Sergeant

I really like this update , except for the sawn thing , disallow Chainsaw and all that but atleast allow sawns .

Reason being those who go to chicken ammu will get rekt by loads of chickens cause they have sawns+ molos and we would have neither. Also swats have nades and infinite supply of armor ,so if someone enters there without sawns , its certain death .

Maybe a bit complicated but I think we will get used to it . Dunno about the new players though , if not properly briefed they may end up disliking it .

The question I have here is about the dogfight , suppose someone quits in the middle of the dogfight when his rustler is about to explode , it will be difficult to track back and find his ghost . Maybe that can be added in the next update . Or if any regular pilot may correct me here , have you guys have encountered someone quitting in bw a dogfight.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  9. [GTN]eZkiLLeR[MO]

Gang Leader

Really? I mostly used /kill while I fell from rustler as Its take too much time to go nearby surface.
    I haven't seen this yet in server.
    But if this, it must be fixed.

10. soukeN

soukeN Airman First Class

Yes tkiller.. And I agree with sounds, I think that more guys will leave bcz of this update.

11. [GTN]eZkiLLeR[MO]

Gang Leader

Yes, I also agree, But later on they will be back as from this update the average level player get the freedom.
    Now maybe they dont come but later on they will join. I hope so.

And yes I watch the [spec]metal video on youtube.
    I appreciate his work with partyserver, he must create new videos so that server reputation go up and surround to everyone.

FireFox_ likes this.
  12. EvilMossman

EvilMossman Senior Airman

Very happy about this one. I'll have to test the waters a bit before I'm comfortable with the other updates. Regardless, good job. Udabes!

13. Frann

Frann Airman Basic

Good Job Fixing the bugs and all but in the end, this update is well, a bit disappointing. Due to the new spawn protection system, us pilots can't strafe using the Rustler anymore. I happen to find it very annoying. Is there any way to fix this?

14. Mr_Cumshot

Mr_Cumshot Airman Basic

After update i cant drive my teammatese at the roof of my car. If they falls it looks like DB and i leave the car. This is not cool.

And where are new different cars on the map?

I think update is bad at all, server lost "the party" part. You cant do ith there, and another shit there, and something there. Too much limitaiton.

15. [spEc]Metal

[spEc]Metal Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

Outstanding really or I can just say 'vsaka čast'. May I ask just how many lines of code did it take approx. to write this update?

Some of them are just idiots with same routine everyday playing around spawns and causing trouble, harsh but true.

Overnet likes this.
  16. Rockford

Rockford Rockford
    Staff Member Forum Admin

great update, I believe this solves a lot of daily issues and the +100 reports.. nice work.

however there are some small bugs/problems that I would like to notify you about..

* riksmaw_ (55) has changed team to Fireman health: 100.0 last damage: 300.272 seconds before switching.
    222_ozr (46) has killed ghost of riksmaw_ (55) with Golf Club. After 2131 milliseconds ghost time.
    * riksmaw_ died (Collision)
    we can see here that changing team in-front of an enemy leaves your ghost behind and you may kill him/her which means ghost is functioning perfectly.. but only one kill counts for you, not a big deal tho.

commands not functioning as supposed after the update/server restarts.

* riksmaw_ (68) has joined the event.
    when a player uses /enter, his/her ghost disappears immediately and you can't kill him/her.

[068] --- riksmaw_ has left the game. (Left)
    222_ozr (46) has killed ghost of riksmaw_ (68) with Desert Eagle. After 2532 milliseconds ghost time.
    when the player quits, you can still shoot his/her ghost but the kill is invisible on the kill/death list as shown in the video.

<@PurtyEcho> riksmaw_ (68) has killed ghost of 222_ozr (46) with Silenced 9mm. After 2335 milliseconds ghost time.
    <@PurtyEcho> * 222_ozr died (Collision)
    killing a player that enters spectator mode leaves a ghost behind as supposed but just like when changing team, you get only one kill.

So you can't get a kill if you shoot a pausing player right before he disappears nor a ghost doesn't appear if the player's game crashes/timeout. however I went back to the server to make sure of this and realized that if you shoot the pausing player immediately you get one kill before he moves to the other world and another when he returns from it.

17:08:27 <@PartyEcho> Rockford (51) has killed ermAq_ (46) who was pausing (with Combat Shotgun)
    17:08:27 <@PurtyEcho> * Rockford killed ermAq_ (Combat Shotgun)
    17:08:30 <@PertyEcho> * ermAq_ has paused with 100.00 health, last health change: -8.001 seconds ago last shot -8.001 seconds ago (before pausing)
    17:08:44 <@PertyEcho> * Rockford killed ermAq_ (Combat Shotgun) -when unpaused

I don't know if the ghost is functional for pausing players however if it isn't I suggest to add that, I had a lot of people pausing in-front of me but didn't get the chance to shoot them on time.. I suppose they disappear in less than 6 seconds? more or less.

sorta off-topic: improve the high ping kicker (some players are sometimes not kicked with +500ms ping) and add a high packet-loss kicker, I ran into someone with +10 percent packet loss, he simply doesn't take damage or wraps.. thanks.

edit:
    so it removes the objects automatically as if you used /normal if you were to zoom with the sniper rifle.. is it possible to script that you could obtain these objects automatically or via command afterwards?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    FireFox_ likes this.
  17. Brahian Torres

Brahian Torres Airman Basic

This good upgrade, but they should change some things such as the thick, red line around the base that's annoying for the player and enable the weapon Sawn Off this enable within the red line, the issue is if someone runs to his base and gets inside the red line as kill, so everyone would run to his base for Not to kill him, and not having the weapon sawn inside the red line We are away and we could not kill him or kill him would be very difficult..

18. J4OSZ

J4OSZ The Soldier

Look like the party has been cancelled if you ask me.

19. [DIE]Sounds

[DIE]Sounds BANNED
    BANNED

Rename it JailServer because that's what this update seems like.

20. FireFox_

FireFox_ Airman Basic

Why Can't we use /kill Underwater ??

[GTN]eZkiLLeR[MO] likes this.