1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest

The following links should help you get back in touch with our community and get to know what's new as of 07/23/2019

Commits thead // Join our Discord (chat) server

Join the game: PartyServer on SA-MP 0.3.7 or add the following IP manually to your client favorites: samp.partyserver.net:7777

Important Sawnoffs fix - server poll [FIXED]

Discussion in 'SAMP Server News' started by RedShirt, Aug 18, 2016.

1. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

We need you to participate in a very important server question regarding sawnoff shotgun.

We are considering keeping sawnoffs weaker and not fixing the sawnoffs bug that made sawnoffs weaker lately.
    Feedback about this has been highly mixed, with more than few people asking to keep it this way.
    I think it is not fair to run a poll only on forums because then the rest of community would be excluded, and majority of players does not visit the forums at all, so the poll is done using game menus.

Everybody has to vote to make this fair, voting is done in-game using /poll command.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    [spEc]Hunter and Zest_ like this.
  2. Zest_

Zest_ BANNED
    BANNED

I am not able to vote ( maybe a bug ) . And , i have the following requests regarding polls -

1 - Make free and fair voting ( Every vote should have equal value , whether the voter is an admin or a normal player ) .
    2 - PLEASE STOP PLAYERS from advising others to vote for a certain choice . Everyone should vote on their own .
    3 - Make /POLL command appear in bold letters at the bottom of the screen ( just like the command /HELP ) so that more players can be informed.

Attached Files:

3. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

This is not a thread for suggestions, post those in proper forum.
    The problem itself will be fixed, i'm working on it.

4. [spEc]Hunter

[spEc]Hunter spEcial
    P.S. Trustee

There is a little problem, while trying to vote you can't choose any option.

5. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Hunter: see what zest wrote.

The bug is fixed, go vote.

Also don't even try to cheat in voting, if you attempt to so you risk your IPs logs posted in this forum to show what you did and have those votes deleted.

edit: removed 8 fake votes already.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Zest_ likes this.
  6. IcemaИИ

IcemaИИ Drugs Taster

when the voting ends?

7. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

a week, maybe 2, we'll give everyone a chance to vote.

IcemaИИ and Zest_ like this.
  8. IcemaИИ

IcemaИИ Drugs Taster

ok i already vote!

9. mckadoo123

mckadoo123 Senior Master Sergeant

What is the sawn off bug that made them weaker? not seeing the bullets or smthn?

10. Bakarcrazy1

Bakarcrazy1 Guest

stop the poll , stop giving time, people are making fake votes .

11. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Yeah? who is making false votes and how do you know about that?

Saloun likes this.
  12. FireFox_

FireFox_ Airman Basic

will be any case in the future to fix the bug or it will be permanently ( in case the poll chose to keep the sawn not working) ?

13. GABRU

GABRU Community Troll
    Community Troll

when new players found sawn off not working properly or causing less damage they leave the server as well (witnessed myself)

14. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Gabru: sorry, but maybe if you brought proof or some examples with that except just make a personal claim, that would be nice...

15. Reaper

Reaper Misfits
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Poll was around 110-80 1-2 days ago and next morning, it went like 123-119.

@FireFox_ I guess not too early or never (if the votes are in favor of weak sawns.)

IcemaИИ likes this.
  16. Silent

Silent Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

It would be interesting to correlate some stats regarding the weapon most used by the voter.
    It seems pretty logical to me that those players that 'always' use combat would vote to keep sawns useless and those that 'always' use sawns would vote to fix them back to usefulness.

17. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

So far there's only a few fishy cases of voting for fixing sawns, and nothing strange in data for keeping sawns.
    Out of 273 votes, 15 are double-votes only.

The poll should be open for at least 2-3 weeks, as much people need to have a chance to participate as possible.

18. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I get it that a dozen of you will soon get a [paranoia triggered] pop up due to current results, but we lost first day poll votes.
    Basically, votes from earlier than 19th august (poll started on 18th) were cleared, because they were stored in a table which is being cleared of old data older than 1 week.

This was my fault, i didn't exclude poll votes from being cleared after a week.

Best thing to do is, to check /poll if you can vote again, sadly there was no inbetween backup to restore these votes or to even find out whose votes are missing.

Please don't accuse or assume this was done on purpose, votes are missing for both poll options, please just vote again if you see that the /poll allows you to.

19. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

For your info, i've assembled some statistics regarding weapons.

All numbers were rounded, they can be off 1/2%, i can produce a proper excel table with all the values

Maximum damage per second (excluding reload time) is quite a winner when it comes to sawnoff shotgun.

Sawnoff shotgun will fire up to 15 pellets of 3.3 points damage / pellet. Max theoretical damage is therefore 49.5 per >>one shot (assuming all pellets hit)<<
    This is not even taking into account fire rate of sawnoff, which is 8.3 bullets / second.
    It has a high reload rate of 1.8 seconds, but 2shooting easily works around that.

In best case scenario sawnoff shotgun can do 412.5 damage per second.

Next best weapon is suprisingly the MP5, 8.23 damage per shot (does not fire pellets) but it can so 17.24 bullets / second, theoretically if all your shots hit target in one second you could do 142.24 damage with it.

Now it's way harder to get 15 mp5 shots to hit target than 15 sawnoff shotgun pellets (in one shot), but you can still do a lot of damage with this fast firing gun, i'd say mp5 is way underrated and underused.

Third is again a shotgun, spas can do 141.5 damage / second in best case scenario (up to 8 pellets, 4.95 damage each and can fire 3.5 bullets / second)

Then it's minigun with only 92.5 dmg / second

Followed by M4 and AK47 which are actually IDENTICAL damage but m4 fires slightly faster, so m4 is better at 90 damage / second and AK47 has 82.5 damage / second

Then we have desert eagle at 67 damage / second..

Only this really shows what kind of a beast sawnoff shotgun really is in skilled hands.
    In best case scenario it can do more than double damage of next best weapon, this was never in any way a ballanced or fair weapon.

[spEc]Hunter likes this.
  20. Zest_

Zest_ BANNED
    BANNED

@RedShirt . What is the current value of damage/pellet in case of sawn off ( under bugged condition ) ?