1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest

The following links should help you get back in touch with our community and get to know what's new as of 07/23/2019

Commits thead // Join our Discord (chat) server

Join the game: PartyServer on SA-MP 0.3.7 or add the following IP manually to your client favorites: samp.partyserver.net:7777

Community Poll Server Revival - Phase One

Discussion in 'SAMP Server Updates' started by Ray, May 29, 2018.

?

Should we bring back SA:MP Partyserver?

1. Yes, I'd love to see it back. I think the player count will rise again

30 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Yes, I'd like to see it back, but I think player counts will continue to struggle.

58 vote(s)
    63.0%
  3. Unsure, I am indifferent as to whether the server comes back or not.

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. No, I do not think it would be a good idea. Player counts will remain low.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. Ray

Ray Scuba Diver
    Staff Member Forum Admin

As you most likely know I have not been involved with the server at all the past few years. Not since around 2014 at least. I regret not being able to be a part of the community which I have taken so much time and effort to create and maintain since the KFC Partyserver days, which, was nearly 15 years ago...

Seeing the recent chain of unfortunate events that caused the server to shut down, I feel like I need to step back in to the picture to get the ball rolling again. Redshirt has done an amazing job and I am forever grateful for everything he has done. I am very limited on the amount of time I have as I have a full time job in a company that is doing exceptionally well, and I often work overtime and travel out of state for several days at a time for company/work events. In my spare time I am occupied with other responsibilities and on weekends with my favorite hobby, scuba diving. However I will find time to take part in this community should things go well.

I am therefore planning out the best route on how to achieve reviving the server. This process will be done in phases.

Phase 1: Demand - I need to find if there is enough demand to bring back the server. I need frank, honest feedback for the answers provided in this poll. Some of you may be "over it" but I suspect that many of you may be missing the server dearly. Let's find out.

Phase 2: The search for a new home - We will need a new dedicated server host. I am happy to cover the cost of the dedicated server, and already have a few ideas. To keep things short, I am looking into providers in Dallas, Texas USA, Quebec Canada, as well as France. Ideally I want to put this server in a geographical location that will allow the highest concentrations of playerbase to have the lowest ping possible. Doing our homework on this will help drive a potential "revival"

Phase 3: TBA - There are other changes which will need to take place. One of them being the community - which is the biggest asset, and if we involve the community with the server, it will help the community grow stronger and help ensure the server's survival. I want to recruit members of the community and allow them to contribute whatever valuable skills they have in anyway possible.

I am optimistic we can all work together and make this server thrive again. I have done this several times in the past, including for a CS:Source ZombieMod community which had this exact same thing happen back in 2007. The server went down for several months and I stepped into the picture and started hosting it. I re-opened it on Christmas day and within hours the server was completely full with 48/48 players. To this day, they are still thriving.

HELICEMANNN, ReiN, enhEnd and 7 others like this.
  2. pr0wh0re

pr0wh0re Staff Sergeant

Well in my opinion, I honestly voted for the second option which is "Yes, I'd like to see it back, but I think player counts will continue to struggle." From observation, the struggle will continue a bit because of the evidence and what everyone else including what @RedShirt and @mckadoo123 has said, the competition in sa:mp in general is a bit too high, especially since the hosted tab changed. And also, as we all can see, there is a bit of a struggle with the community here as well, because I believe some players may have given up and moved on, as they're barely active here to give their input. Here & there we've had @Seneca do community topics on what would help out the situation to keep partyserver running and rising the player count. Our most effective solution was advertising for more exposure towards team death match fanatics. Theres also the factor that, alot of regulars wanted to see a mass unban, other particular ex-regulars unbanned but also feel as though its either too late or they've moved on with no interest. I feel like we're at a continuous struggle like we're starting from scratch which wouldn't be a bad thing - except its too challenging which the game itself being more than 14 years old and the thought of people wanting to download sa:mp is like trying to make a cold sell.

Right now, the most effective idea i have, since recently this has been happening, there are alot of other deathmatch/team deathmatch servers that shut down/discontinued as well @mckadoo123 mentioned it, [gamerx, gta:tourament, littlewhiteys, etc] and sa:mp may still have a large number of players that prefer that gameplay so, advertising/bringing awareness that partyserver is one of the few last remaining cheat-free ones could possibly help grow in numbers. That is of course , with the community help.

Kandake likes this.
  3. rrrrr

rrrrr Airman First Class

Best geographical location for server with this criteria will be between Brazil and Mexico.

[r]huzefa likes this.
  4. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Ey,
    Since you did ask for an honest feedback from everyone, imo the server can be revived to a certain extent. What i mean is that technically its impossible for us to get 100 players or something not due to server problems and updates and all that stuff but because of SAMP, no matter how sweet in our heats it is, is turning old and many people are leaving to play newer(and in their opinion better) games. Atm its clear that roleplay is the most famous mode in SAMP and i can only find a few servers of RP which are in English, most of the are in Spanish, Brazilian and Espanol (i think). And if you check youtube,the most viewed videos of SAMP are from Spanish players playing RP with usually around 13k views.
    So, to conclude, i have no idea(dont know about y'all) how it is possible to achieve even 50 players online at peak hours. Currently the only TDM server i see thriving is this COD server which includes capturing zones and all that jazz but even i see a decline in its player count recently. But no matter what, it would still be nice to see PS in my list of favorites in SAMP even if there aint any players just for the nostalgia.

5. Brand

Brand Airman

Nothing's impossible dude, We can raise our player count, Also you should hire a active staff member. So, if there would be active admins the player count will automatically rise. I think there should be some active staff members who will play in server actively, In the last days, We had reached 50 player count because there were some old players and admins playing. Sometimes people left server because there were low players. I just want to say that we should have some old players and admins.
    Hope Partyserver will rise again :)
    Waiting for server to become active :h:

IGI_MK. likes this.
  6. Torres821

Torres821 2nd Lieutenant

i probably wont have as much time to play PS as much as i used to but i still want to remark that
    i dont think its a matter of staff, they're good enough. imo there are two reason to play the server, server population and if its actually fun. as ive stated before and some other old regulars like evz and caine the server became not fun to play in due to (in our opinion) management of the rules.

however, in 2013 or 2014 i think, there were peak points of 250 if i remember well, so maybe after all it wasn't about rules management, but why did PS lost and never reached that peak again? i cant tell.

7. Frane$$$

Frane$$$ Airman First Class

I would like to see this server up again. But for many new players that enter this server it might look boring and empty with all RP servers going on, and other popular servers... What I am trying to say, maybe its not about getting old players in, but getting some new ones that play other servers. What could we change I have no idea.

8. rrrrr

rrrrr Airman First Class

Hi! Some members, banned from PartyServer forum, want vote for PartyServer reborn. Do we have possibility on forum post ban appeal ?

9. Kandake

Kandake Airman Basic

I would be so thankful if partyserver comes back! For the first little while I think there will be a high player count since a lot of people have been missing It, and maybe seeing a high player count will draw in more (and new) people?

All I know is that me and several friends constantly talk about how much we miss the server, and I know lots of other player do too.

Thanks for doing this Ray, this feels like a "ray of hope" haha :)

Brand, Lesbian and [spEc]Hunter like this.
  10. Lesbian

Lesbian Command Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

11. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Lesbian went too literal

12. tehditkar

tehditkar Airman Basic

i miss this server..

13. Juandepm

Juandepm aka JuanD / Fiesta
    P.S. Admin

Hi Ray, nice to see you again here. I think it is necessary translate this message into different languages so non-English speakers users can know about this topic. Shortly I will do it for the sspanish section. I offer myself as part of the active team, not only administrator also as a player

I hope the best happens. Good vibes to all.

enhEnd, Kandake, Xatos and 1 other person like this.
  14. Brand

Brand Airman

@Ray, Will partyserver rise? I really want to play partyserver,
    Missing Alot. :(

15. a_doorway

a_doorway Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Admin

The thing is, I don't see the point of paying for a server that will hardly get used. Our community is quite small now and I feel the odds of new players joining now in 2018, 13 years after the game's release, is extremely low. I'd be lying if I said I knew the current status of the SA-MP player base, but at a guess I'd say the most populated servers are RP anyway, with DM and TDM sadly dying a slow death. I could be wrong on that, but even if I am, I feel it's still far too late to start up a new DM server and expect people to flock to it. If the game was a year old then sure, but it's not. It's 13 years old - the people who were playing back then have grown up, moved on, upgraded, playing new games, etc, etc (I'm also part of this group). In my opinion, the only options are:

-Start up a new server for the people who are still here, but don't expect it to become popular.
    -Move onto another popular game that isn't too expensive and doesn't require a supercomputer to run. That way, the community here can still chill together and maybe expand once again (not sure of such games out there atm though).

Unless anyone else has any ideas.

16. for_real

for_real Airman Basic

I miss this server alot.

17. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

It couldn't be said better doorway, well if ray makes a server i'll put it up and i really don't think we can expect it to be ever popular more than it was before.

As for new games, flake was thinking gta v, i'm working on my project, people are free to choose, but i think most will simply reorganize in other communities.

18. lions-mafia

lions-mafia Airman Basic

I hope the server returns to work I miss him so much

19. Lesbian

Lesbian Command Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

FYI: The server is NOT a male or female!

pr0wh0re and [spEc]Hunter like this.
  20. lions-mafia

lions-mafia Airman Basic

why are you stupid I'm talking about the server