1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest

The following links should help you get back in touch with our community and get to know what's new as of 07/23/2019

Commits thead // Join our Discord (chat) server

Join the game: PartyServer on SA-MP 0.3.7 or add the following IP manually to your client favorites: samp.partyserver.net:7777

Important Upcoming update (info - turf zones)

Discussion in 'SAMP Server Updates' started by RedShirt, Dec 8, 2015.

1. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

With the next update, turf zone bugs being finally fixed and corrected aswell.

No more weird overlaps, no more strange illogical zones. Whenever possible the zones now go by middle of roads (so that you know where to stand to start wars).
    Turf areas around pilots were also modified because of new pilots spawn area, chickens spawn is also bigger, and mafia area was also redesigned.

This below is a offical current server map which also marks spawn areas, proximity areas and actual spawn points.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Rockford and Poso like this.
  2. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I'm considering fusing some turfs together aswell. The messy small turfs around mafia spawn - that entire area is kinda annoyingly fragmented, what do you think of the idea?

3. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Also i'm open to suggestions regarding what to improve with turfs.

I'm considering taking money from players whenever they enter one of enemy zones. The money would actually go "nowhere", but it would make it more worthwhile to have a large amout of turfs because then moving across the map would be less expensive.

Another possibility is also to allow the team to use some donator functionality in the owned turfs without having to be a donator.

This are merely suggestions, but i'd love to have a good discussion about this - i'm open to more ideas.

4. Kosuki07

Kosuki07 Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

What if we had quadrents and not zones. Do big areas, loke airport, downtown, the bridge, do like 24 big areas

5. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

That wouldn't fly, the areas include spawns, which aren+t supposed to be able to be taken over.

6. Leslie_Burke

Leslie_Burke Airman

This update will solve problems with rifa/fireman/valets spawns and one turf are in SF airport?

>taking money from players whenever they enter one of enemy zones
    But, what will do new players with 50 000 money limit?

7. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

yeah, iirc i solved that aswell (wrongly flagged spawn turfs)

i can take the money only from people who have it, it can be tuned and adjusted for fairness.

8. agent_TACO

agent_TACO El Taco
    Staff Member Forum Admin

That's a great idea to make use of people with tons of money and to get people turfing. I can see it affecting

A) New players (as Leslie said). Maybe we can have this happen after a player has achieved x number of kills (10,25,50,etc)
    B) People who don't have any other players on their team so they can't attempt to take over the turf.

This feature would be great for spawnkillers. People who hang around in shoot in spawn zones could have more money taken from them than regular turfs.

9. Poso

Poso PartyServer player since 2008
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Great work!

10. Rockford

Rockford Rockford
    Staff Member Forum Admin

well done, about allowing the team to use donator functionality temporary or under some condition doesn't sound right.. players would just use that instead of actually donating.
    hopefully people will understand what you are doing to this community and all the effort you put into this, and at least donate to help with the server expenses.
    speaking of which, those who are willing to donate via PayPal should contact @RedShirt by private messaging (click here) him to get further information regarding how. to donate via Skrill, CLICK HERE for instructions.

11. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I was thinking a limited subset: Allowing them to mod their car (nos, colors, rims commands) and use /cloak + the special /label.
    I think this would be a good motivator to collect turfs around the city.

12. Poso

Poso PartyServer player since 2008
    Sr. P.S. Admin

/cloak? eh?

13. [spEc]Metal

[spEc]Metal Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

About a year or more ago, Ray made a similar topic regarding turfing and there was an idea to popularize turfing...put a board somewhere in SF with names of either a team with most turfs at the moment or best turfers (something like PS stats page offers us but less detailed).

The board would be at some popular visible, popular place.

Also, about taking the money thing, what did you mean by:
    Would that be activated only when you enter an active turf or just enemy turf? It could annoy players (e.g. money stats changing every 10 seconds).

14. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Once you enter a enemy turf you'd get "taxed" $10000 (provided your current cash is > $500000 or some other sensible limit)

Meaning: if you have money you'd get taxed each time you enter a zone not owned by your team (each turf would tax you ONCE every 10-15 minutes - unless you took it over (maybe the turf can then return your money..))

15. Zdeno

Zdeno Airman First Class

@up
    And what about ppl who flies with airplanes? They're fast (rustler for example), and when I'd like to fly from airport through workers to ammu c I might pay like 40k$ every time? Also ppl who wants to drive through city to airport. Lot of money wasted by nothing. Maybe this 10000$ tax should be taken when u attack someone in a zone not owned by your team?

16. I don't know how ur going to add the taxing thing but it has side effects and wont fly with many players , how abt this add this system to the class with the largest players and once they have reached a maximum number this system would trigger that is it wud tax them for camping in base and may force them to get out of spawn for atleast a few hundred metres and it wud stop .

Why I say this because due to player count these days and also it is public knowledge that swats are the most overrated and most noobs join swat class first time so we have 20-30 max only swats the rest are all 3 or 4 or 5 players in different teams and the frustrating part is these swats despite their numbers spawn camp their base 24/7 how astonishing when I spec and see that a swat what he literally does is run around in circles in his/her base and sits in armor trucks and uses /w to have chat like roleplay server style and does the Granada dance when an enemy approches and repeats this cycle for almost 1 hour also the characteristics are similar to a chicken ryt ? ofcourse this sytem wud affect all classes but which team has so many players other than swats? ?

this is just an idea if there is an alternative to this and friendly to players then it wud be cool or just ignore me .

17. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I guess you have a point. Maybe taxing is something that would happen if you stay inside other team's turf for too long, so once you spent 10 minutes in any of them their turfs total = taxed. So not for passing thru every turf (that might take too much money, yeah)

A while ago we had a limit on teams, this was removed somewhere in last years.. i guess we could try that limit again on swats.

18. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Got a update: I've sorted out the mess around chickens and mafia, rearranged turfs around airport and merged a few more turfs
    There's now 3 bridge turfs aswell + extra for torenos ranch (this should make things more interesting)

[​IMG]

19. Chu

Chu Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

That will make it more interesting since tanks use the railroad bridge to cross into San Fierro.

20. Frane$$$

Frane$$$ Airman First Class

I like how turfs are covering more and more ground away from SF to its country side. And now we have turf in desert. Just keep going with this work its awesome :)